So Taguchi's House of Super Fun Time

Friday, February 22, 2008

What I learned in Chicago this weekend

1.) Puddles of slush may be MUCH deeper than they appear.
2.) You should wear socks in Chicago in February.

3.) You will wait in line in Chicago. What is cool and underground does not stay underground like in STL.

4.) Whatever crappy restaurant reviews that you receive, it will be surpassed by Italian beefs at Portillo's and anything in Chinatown.
5.) You don't see many pets running around in Chinatown - hmm, must be the weather.
6.) Gino's East sucks.

7.) Sicillian cab drivers believe that the Polish are hardworking drunks that will be ultimately unsuccessful in life because they are not dishonest.

8.) Sicillian cabbies should shut-the-fuck-up if they expect a tip from a Polish person.

9.) You should see Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind:


10.) Mexican dudes don't like when you yell, "Si se puede!" at them.

11.) Neither do Mexican chicas.

12.) What the hell, isn't Obama from Illinois?

13.) Girls can't be trusted to get movie times correct.
14.) They should put this sign on Michigan Avenue:


"We're consumers. Yeah. Okay, okay. Buy a lot of stuff, you're a good citizen. But if you don't buy a lot of stuff, if you don't, what are you then, I ask you? What? Mentally *ill*. Fact, if you don't buy things - toilet paper, new cars, computerized yo-yos, electrically-operated sexual devices, stereo systems with brain-implanted headphones, screwdrivers with miniature built-in radar devices, voice-activated computers..."
15.) I spent $286 on Michigan Avenue.

16.) Ai and Frontera are overrated (see Gino's East)

17.) A homeless guy in Cartharts by the Chicago River believes that Russian subs are off the Eastern seaboard ready to attack Atlanta, DC and NY.

18.) I believe him and so should you.




1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

I apologize that the only comment I've left here so far is, "Um, duh." You are correct; this was rude. I meant for it to be a funny affirmation of your position.

I like what you have to say here and how you say it. Very entertaining. You should be writing more. Let me know if you want help with the site meter and/or other technical things. I am happy to help.

It was great seeing you Saturday. I'm glad you stopped by - I enjoyed the conversation.

Oh BTW, I noticed in your profile that you sell pet food. Do you work for Hills? A very good friend of mine who recently passed away suddenly worked for Hills - see my posts titled "Requiem" and "Where's My F*cking Science Diet?" His name was Phil Williams. Just curious if you knew each other.

Gwen

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home